ABOUT THE AGL
The AGL is an 8-team league that plays an annual 14-game schedule. It is a continuation of the American Gridiron League that began with Second Season Football. A full-blown football league with that level of detail proved too intensive to maintain in the long run, so the AGL found new life years later when GridZone was created. This is here to show how you can build your own league history.
The AGL has also worked in cooperation with other fictional leagues to culminate into the annual GridBowl World Championships. For more on that see our GridBowl pages.
Other AGL Notes
The most over-the-top game in AGL history: 2014, Week 13 MEM 47 [10 + 0 + 7 + 0 + 10 + 1 + 9 + 10 + 0] DEN 48 [ 2 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 0 + 0 + 5 + 10 + 1] Double OT
New AGL records: Ken Mackey 41 points passing, Bruce Tiller 28 points receiving (including 9 of their final 10) Notable: Stu Slayden 38 points passing, Kayden Avila 23 points receiving
- Birmingham's is Metallic Charcoal "gun metal" Gray with Blood Red.
- Portland is Forest Green with Silver, sporting chrome helmets since winning the league a couple years back.
- Orlando is Navy Blue and Gold
- Memphis is Royal Purple and White
- Milwaukee is Red and White
- Austin is metallic "Nightshade" Blue with White/lite Gray
- Los Angeles is metallic Copper and Black with White trim
- Denver is Black with Electric Blue